Monday, May 20, 2013

This is Real Talkk

The Things You Should Know:
Sometimes I get homesick when I'm home, which makes me wonder where my home really is.
I love selectively but fiercely
I hate pancakes
I write about people I've never met before
I swear I'm pretty once you get me in the right light
I do not know a lot on sex, but I imagine it's much like cold bed sheets at the end of a febrile summer's day
I could spend my entire life on thesaurus.com
I know that the first step to knowing someones weaknesses is simply becoming one
I wish I was an annihilating swan
I pretend I'm shy, but really I'm just very antisocial
I think too much
I say I belong in the city, but my heart is truly in the mountains
I love dangerous boys. The ones who reach into your ribcage and palm your heart with their fingers
My mom always says, "You'll straighten out one day." but I know the truth
Music is my one and only
I paint a lot, read too much, take too many pictures, and waste my time on Tumblr but I'm getting by
I love boys who feel like I do, who like the smell of smoke because it reminds them of their insides
I have scars on my hands from touching certain people
I wish I could soak my skin in a warm bath of his words, but who knows what kind of mark that would leave
One day I'm going to fall in love with someone who isn't in a novel, and I will cry
I sincerely want people to leave me alone. Solitude is my boyfriend, and I like him.
I do not know how to communicate emotion, I can only write on it
Sometimes I wonder, what if the strands in our hair were wind chimes, each unique and not one person had the same sound? When we'd move our shoulder blades, they'd clang the sounds of our insides as to say, "Stay away from me: I'll only break your heart." Or, "Please love me." Life would be much simpler if we all came with warning labels.

And it may be silly, but I find it hopeful knowing there are beautiful people in this world, and not just externally but that there are those who will take the time to read books in coffee shops, and let their tea get cold, and who wear rings on all fingers, and laugh at their own jokes, and wear beanies in August. I think there is something unconditionally wonderful about someone who lives in the world as themselves and no one else, and be completely unashamed of it. I think it's nice that you can watch things through windows and smile at yourself like you have a secret for only you, and I think it's nice that there are beautiful things to be seen and wonderful people to be met no matter where you are in the world, and that most people are genuinely good.
Once a man mouthed the words "bless you" to me in another car after I'd sneezed on the highway, and I've been smiling ever since.

-- Lauren Harper

11 comments:

  1. How are we not friends.
    So good

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. You are wonderful. And I wish we were friends, because this describes me perfectly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing.
    So amazing.
    So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "who like the smell of smoke because it reminds them of their insides"

    So good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stalked your entire blog. Not in a creepy way, but in admiration.

    Flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my hell. i have no words. this is absolutely perfect. flawless. you wrote all the words i didn't know how to write. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry...this was me before i had a blog.
      so therefore...no longer anonymous. (well it still is i just have more of a name.)

      Delete
  7. I want to live between these lines

    ReplyDelete
  8. reading this again as I try to write my final piece for this class....I'm so scared.

    and this is amazing...every time I read it I feel like I can do anything.

    this is beautiful and so are you. and so are all your words.

    thank you for always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete