Monday, February 25, 2013

A List of Things I Am Afraid of:

* The final page of a good novel
* Dirty bed sheets
* The smell of your flesh
* Falling in love with a writer
* My plants dying
* Pianist hands
* Moldy bread
* Loneliness
* Violins
* Not having enough money
* Having too much money
* Death
* Becoming lackluster
* Being forgotten
* Apologies
* Caring too much
* Not caring enough
* That I'll always be fat
* Losing faith
* God
* Wanting too much
* Loving too much
* Praying too much
* Disappointment
* Unhappiness
* Fire
* Not being a good writer

* Indefinite stage fright
* Life
* Myself

( I am half afraid you will always have to remind me I'm beautiful. That you'll think of me as smoke.)


4 comments:

  1. "That you'll think of me as smoke."

    Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I don't know why, just... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " I am half afraid you will always have to remind me I'm beautiful. That you'll think of me as smoke."
    I love this

    ReplyDelete